Creating Abundance – Financially and Spiritually
What does it mean to create abundance anyway? Is it making a lot of money? Is it spending quality time with family? Is it having a lavish lifestyle? Is it having a great relationship with God?
THAT is a lot to discuss in one blog post, but allow me to give it a shot…
I learned the concept below in one of the many workshops that I have attended, and it goes something like this:
- When you’re young, as in less than 20 years young, you’re active and HEALTHY. You got lots of TIME in your hands, but you don’t have your own MONEY – your parents support you as you study.
- After graduation, you start working so you do have MONEY. You’re active and HEALTHY, but you simply do not have the TIME as your job eats up most of your regular days and even some weekends. You do this routine for 4 decades (that’s 40 years!) – starting around age 20 until 60.
- By the time you reach 60 or 65, you’re expected to have MONEY set aside to retire comfortably. The amount should be good enough to last you 20 years, this is TIME that you now have if you live until about 80. Unfortunately, you probably won’t be in good HEALTH, because you were so busy the past 40 years that you forgot to take care of yourself!
I know I don’t.
I was blessed to meet people who are totally not typical, young and successful entrepreneurs and undergraduates who are financially free!
My mind that was set to go the usual direction of building a career was shattered. I mean, I spent more than 15 years in school – I even overstayed in college to be an engineer! Lol.
When I met and learned from these people, my mind opened to different concepts that I didn’t even know existed. I went (and am still going) through a paradigm shift, which is not that easy – I feel like Robert Kiyosaki who had two dads with totally different financial concepts! I set aside my professional education to learn new things again in business, marketing, and personal finance.
The changing of mindset from employee to entrepreneur became my passion; hence, I made this site. One of the secrets to help shift your mindset is to spend time with or to study people who think the way you want to think or have the results that you want to have. As they say, the shortcut to success is to follow successful people!
One of my favorite local mentors is spiritual leader, Bo Sanchez. My mom used to give me his books when I was in grade school (he started preaching at a very young age).
Brother Bo created the Truly Rich Club to support people in their financial and spiritual growth. It is one of the best ways to change from a poor to a wealthy mindset. If you can’t physically spend time with successful people to study them, then this club is the way to go! You will be getting a lot of wisdom from Brother Bo in the form of books, newsletters, emails, and audio training materials.
Create Abundance – Financially and Spiritually
In his book 8 Secrets of the Truly Rich, Brother Bo confirmed that there is nothing wrong with having a goal to create abundance financially. He says that it IS possible to have “the wealth of a millionaire and the heart of a monk!” – great combination, huh?
I learned that one of the BIG limiting beliefs people have is that money is the root of all evil, that money makes people bad. What happens is, although you say you want to make more money, subconsciously, you know that you really don’t want it.
I believe one of the root causes of this disempowering belief is watching telenovelas where the bad guy is usually the rich, and the bida is someone poor. When you watch these shows, you’re unconsciously programming your minds to hate the rich or dislike being rich, because who wants to be the bad guy, right? This is why I rarely watch TV, because what you focus on expands.
The thing is, those shows aren’t real (but for some, they live it out). What I see happening in the real world is that those who are wealthy are the ones who are able to donate the most to charity; thereby contributing the most to building churches, helping the poor, the street children, the elderly, etc.
Brother Bo is a perfect example; he gives away about half of his income to God and the poor, and I read in his book too that his dream goal is to create passive income so BIG that he’d be able to give away 90% of his income and live on the 10% – a reverse tithe as he called it. What a very inspiring goal… to create abundance financially at the same time creating abundance spiritually!
It really makes much more sense to get rich to be able to provide more help to others than to be broke and helping nobody.
Money problems affect everything that’s important in our lives – our relationships, our time, our lifestyle and health, where your kids go to school, where and what you eat, etc. So, for me, to create abundance financially is a noble mission, because it leads to creating abundance in ALL aspects of our lives, including our spiritual lives.
With Brother Bo’s mentorship, we can all be abundant financially and spiritually. In Jeremiah 29:11, it says:
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
See, we ARE meant to be prosperous, so better believe it.
Liked this topic? Read these too:
- 4 Common Traits of Goal Achievers
- Go Negosyo Youth Entrepreneurship Summit | Manila, Philippines
- The Story Of The Carrot, Egg, And Oolong Tea
- Starting A Network Marketing Or MLM Business?
- Jollibee Employee or Entrepreneur?
- 8 Simple Steps to Manage Money
- How To Have A Multi-Millionaire Mindset
- Are You Sure You Want To Be An Entrepreneur?
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
- Financial Literacy: 5 Simple Steps to Jumpstart Your Education