Control Your Destiny
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
I went to a training of a business leader, whose family owns a multi-billion dollar company in the U.S. I was keen to listen to his talk especially that the theme was “Control Your Destiny.”
He actually talked about what I’ve been trying to express here, being your own boss, and I also learned something new…the 3 types of “You” and they are:
• the Yesterday You
• the Present You
• and the Future You – the “You” that you want to be, realizing your full potential, believing in yourself, and making your “massive” dreams, as he called it, a reality.
I so much enjoy attending these trainings, because if you think about it, when was the last time you actually paid attention to your dreams, your BIG dreams? Are you actively pursuing them or are you just busy with your Present “You” – focusing on day to day activities, your work, your house, your computer?
Everyday, I hear people complain about their boss, work, tasks, colleagues, but every single day, you’ll see them drag their feet to the same offices. You have no choice, you say? I say we live in a time where I see opportunities everywhere. You just have to open your eyes and see it.
I, for instance, gave some people the rare chance to attend the same training of this remarkable multi-millionaire (in dollars, take note!). Not all grabbed the chance though, because they are busy with their Present “Them.”
In my opinion, when it comes to our time, money, health, education, talent, etc., we are all given the choice how to use it, but whoever or whatever controls our destiny influences the choices that we make.
Who controls YOUR destiny? You should, because nobody else will, or worse, somebody else will!
Liked this topic? Read these too:
- 4 Common Traits of Goal Achievers
- How To Have A Multi-Millionaire Mindset
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
- Financial Literacy: 5 Simple Steps to Jumpstart Your Education
- What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
- Myth 7 of 8: Money Is the Root of All Evil
- Myth 6 of 8: Money Is Not Really Important
- Myth 5 of 8: Only Certain Lucky or Gifted People Get Rich
- Myth 4 of 8: It Takes Money to Make Money
- Myth 3 of 8: I Don’t Have the Time